PK DAS INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) has been constituted to oversee and evaluate all aspects of the institution’s animal care and use program. The PKDIMS IAEC provides assurance for humane procedures and care of live animals in teaching and research in strict accordance with the norms laid by CPCSEA (Control and Supervision). NO RESEARCH ACTIVITIES CAN BE CONDUCTED AT THE CENTRAL ANIMAL HOUSE WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL OF THE PKDIMS IAEC.
The functions of the PK DAS INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (PKDIMS IAEC)are as follows:
• Periodic review of the Institute’s animal facility including inspections without prior intimation.
• Review all research proposals involving use of animals and suggest modifications necessary for approval, or withhold approval prior to use of animals
• Approve research involving animals which conform to CPCSEA guidelines.
• Suspend the research activity which does not adhere to guidelines for use of animals in research and take corrective action
• Ensure that all personnel involved in animal care and use are appropriately qualified to perform their duties and conduct proposed activities
Approval Letter (F.No. 25/67/2015-CPCSEA)
|1||Dr. K. N Gopakumaran Kartha||Chairperson|
|2||Member Secretary & Biological Scientist|
|3||Dr. Arathi Anand Amin||Scientist from different biological discipline|
|4||Dr. P. K. Ramakrishnan||Scientist from different biological discipline|
|5||Dr. N. Sudhodanan||Veterinarian|
|6||Dr. Anish Stephen||Scientist I/c of Animal House Facility|
|7||Dr. P. C. Alex||Main Nominee|
|8||Dr. A.K. K. Unni||Link Nominee|
|9||Dr. C. B. Devanand||Scientist from outside the Institute|
|10||Dr. P.K. Gopalakrishnan||Socially aware person|
Meetings of Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC)